Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Saturday, July 21, 2007
Friday, June 01, 2007
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Not my favorite episode.
Coincidentally enough my kids saw 'The Wizard of Oz' for the first time tonight before I watched LOST. At ten and twelve I think it's a shame this was the first time they had seen it, but at least the countless pop culture references over the years made them *think* they had seen it. I didn't know how to answer, though, when my older son said "is everyone in this movie gay?"
Some LOST observations:
- That did look like a picture of a dog in Jacob's cabin. I'll have to check out the TiVo later.
- Remind me who Annie grows up to be? Ben's first wife?
- I don't appreciate when shows or movies think they have to overtly remind us of symbolism (Ben mentions "The Wizard of Oz" at least twice).
- Is Jacob simply this Oz character who everyone believes in but nobody has seen? Is Ben the man behind the curtain?
- Richard doesn't age. We're going to see much more from him.
- This series has a larger wig budget than even "Mr. Show". Kind of like the orange smoke budget for "Wizard of Oz".
- Do you prefer the period inside or outside the end quote?
- Why did the native(s) on the island speak perfect American English?
- Can't a falling house from Kansas fall on Jack, please???
Monday, May 07, 2007
I overheard my kids playing superhero the other day and one of them said "I have super speed powers." The other one said "I've got death ray powers." Finally one of them said "I've got wang vision." Not sure what that power entails but it sounds neat.